Eschatology (the doctrine of last things) is one of the most hotly debated subjects in all of theology. The Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24–25; Mark 13; Luke 17) is at the epicentre of this debate with different interpreters reaching very different conclusions. In today’s show, amillennialist Tyrell sits with premillennialist Tim Cantrell (Antioch Bible Church) and postmillennialist Doug Van Meter (Brackenhurst Baptist Church) to discuss the Olivet Discourse.
Episode 60: The Olivet Discourse
Posted by Radio Pulpit / Radiokansel on Friday, 3 April 2020
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Has the Church Replaced Israel? by Michael J. Vlach [Amazon Kindle]
- Amillennialism and the Age to Come: A Premillennial Critique of the Two-Age Model by Matt Waymeyer [Amazon Kindle]
- The Case for Premillennialism by Joel James
- Tim Cantrell’s sermons on Revelation
- Doug Van Meter’s sermons on Revelation
- Last Days Madness: Obsession of the Modern Church by Gary DeMar [Amazon Paperback] [American Vision]
- Before Jerusalem Fell: Dating the Book of Revelation by Kenneth Gentry [Amazon Kindle]
- An Eschatology of Victory by J. Marcellus Kik [Amazon Paperback]
- A Case for Amillennialism: Understanding the End Times by Kim Riddelbarger [Amazon Kindle]
- MacArthur’s Millennial Manifesto: A Friendly Response by Sam Waldron [Reformation Heritage Books]
Find Table Talk with Tyrell on the web.
Listen live every Friday at 9:00 AM (SAST) on Radio Pulpit 675AM and Cape Pulpit 729AM.
It would make a big difference and really help us out if you could take a moment to message the station and voice your appreciation for the show. It’s this kind of feedback that keeps the show on the air. Click here to drop a short message commending what you have heard.