Jesus Christ loved the church and gave himself for it. To love Christ means to love his church. A part of loving the church is understanding the way in which God has designed the church to work. A part of the way the church works is through God-appointed leaders.
In this episode of Table Talk, Tyrell is joined again by Mark Penrith, pastor-teacher of Crystal Park Baptist Church in Benoni, South Africa, as they talk through what the Bible teaches about church leadership.
Other resources mentioned in this episode
- 9 Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever [Amazon Kindle]
- Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine by Wayne Grudem [Amazon Kindle]
- Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth by John MacArthur [Good Neighbours] [Amazon Kindle]
- Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership by Alexander Strauch [Good Neighbours] [Amazon Kindle]
- Paul’s Vision for the Deacons: Assisting Elders with the Care of God’s Church by Alexander Strauch [Good Neighbours] [Amazon Kindle]
- “Does the Bible Permit a Woman to Preach?” (1 Corinthians 14:33–38) by John MacArthur (sermon) [YouTube Video] [Audio Download]
Find Table Talk with Tyrell on the web.
Listen live every Friday at 9:00 AM (SAST) on Radio Pulpit 675AM and Cape Pulpit 729AM.
It would make a big difference and really help us out if you could take a moment to message the station and voice your appreciation for the show. It’s this kind of feedback that keeps the show on the air. Click here to drop a short message commending what you have heard.