Many parents find themselves educating from home during the pandemic and are perhaps finding themselves in over their head. In this episode, Tyrell and his guests, Michelle and Evan Cantrell, talk about the practicalities of homeschooling. Michelle is wife to Tim Cantrell, pastor of Antioch Bible Church in Honeydew, and Evan is their eldest son. Michelle has a great deal of experience homeschooling, while Evan was homeschooled before entering university.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Website: Home Life Academy: Choices in Education
- Website: Pestalozzi Trust: Legal Defence for Homschoolers
- Website: Grace and Truth Co-op: Classical Christian Homeschooling Community (request a consultation here)
- Book: Educating the Whole Hearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson [Good Neighbours] [Amazon Kindle]
- Book: The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer [Loot] [Amazon Kindle]
- Book: Teaching the Trivium by Harvey Bluedorn [Takealot] [Amazon Kindle]
- Book: The Lost Tools of Learning by Dorothy Sayers [Takealot] [Amazon Kindle]
- Curriculum: Tapestry of Grace Curriculum
- Curriculum: Veritas Curriculum
Find Table Talk with Tyrell on the web.
Listen live every Friday at 9:00 AM (SAST) on Radio Pulpit 675AM and Cape Pulpit 729AM.
It would make a big difference and really help us out if you could take a moment to message the station and voice your appreciation for the show. It’s this kind of feedback that keeps the show on the air. Click here to drop a short message commending what you have heard.